Est 1994, Sydney's oldest tourism website
The hop-on hop-off bus is a familiar sight in most cities around the world and Sydney is no exception. Picture: © Sydney.com.au
The best way to orientate yourself with Sydney's sights is to ride the Hop-on hop-off bus. You can get off at any of the 33 designated stops, spend as much time as you like sightseeing, and then hop on the next bus that comes along. You can hop on and off as many times as you wish.
You can purchase a ticket that's valid for 24 hours or 48 hours, and buses run every 15-20 minutes.
The double-decker buses offer passengers 360-degree views of the city from the open top, which means great photo and video opportunities without leaving your seat.
There's professional audio commentary in 8 language channels on all buses - English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Mandarin - plus a children’s channel. Complementary earphones are available from the driver.
Free wifi onboard all Sydney and Bondi Beach buses.
The Sydney Hop on hop off bus service is divided into two separate tours: the Sydney Tour (Red route) and the Bondi Tour (Blue route). Tickets can be used on both tours.
Sydney Tour (Red Route)
The Sydney Tour stops at 23 points of interest in the CBD and connecting locales. The first service starts at 8.30am at Circular Quay, which is Sydney's main ferry terminal. Buses run throughout the day at 30-minute intervals*. The last Sydney tour departs from stop 1 at 5pm and all tours terminate at 6.30pm.
Bondi Tour (Blue Route)
The Bondi Tour stops at 10 points of interest during the return trip to Bondi Beach. The first service starts from Stop A (Pitt Street, Bus Bay 18, Central Railway Station) at 9.30am. Buses run at 30-minute intervals*. The last Bondi Beach tour departs from stop A at 5pm and all tours terminate at 6.30pm.
The Sydney and Bondi tours overlap at three stops, so you can change tour routes.
The full journey on either service is 90 minutes. All services terminate for the day at 6:30pm.
Please note: Suitcases (including carry-on luggage) are not allowed on the bus due to space constraints and passenger safety. Third party luggage storage facilities are available close to major stops. Prams: There is an area set aside on the lower platform for fold-up prams/strollers, space permitting.
*Frequency and finishing times vary according to season. Please speak to the
bus driver or contact us for specific scheduling. 33 stops for $50 applies to
1 Adult 1 day ticket only.
Adult $55.00, $75.00
Children (5-15**) $38.00, $50.00
Family (2 adults + 2 children) $148.00, $200.00 (additional children $38 each)
Prices valid until 31 March 2019.
* Full pricing details are displayed on the Booking page.
** Children aged 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult
CITY TOUR STOPS
1. Circular Quay (George St, cnr Alfred St - opposite DFS Galleria) - first bus 8.30am
2. Sydney Tower / Westfield Sydney (Elizabeth St, near King St) - first bus 8.40am
3. Australian Museum (William St, near CollegeStreet) - first bus 8.45am
4. William St (100 William St, between Crown and Palmer Sts) - first bus 8.47am
5. Kings Cross (Darlinghurst Rd, outside Kings X train station) - first bus 8.53am
6. El Alamein Fountain, (Macleay St, opp El Alamein Fountain) - first bus 8.55am
7. Woolloomooloo Bay (Cowper Wharf Rd, outside Woolloomooloo Hotel) - first bus 9.00am
8. Sydney Opera House (Macquarie St, next to underpass) - first bus 9.10am
9. Botanical Gardens (Macquarie St, Crystal Place Gate) - first bus 9.13am
10. State Library (Macquarie St, opposite Hunter St) - first bus 9.17am
11. Hyde Park (Prince Albert Rd) - first bus 9.25am
12. Central Station (Sydney/Bondi Tour Interchange - first bus 9.00am
Pitt St, Bus Bay 18)
13. Power House Museum (Harris St, cnr Macarthur St) - first bus 9.07am
14. Sydney Fish Market (Harris St, cnr Pyrmont Bridge Rd) - first bus 9.12am
15. The Star (Pirrama Rd, opp casino steps) - first bus 9.17am
16. Maritime Museum (Murray St, opposite Pyrmont Bridge Hotel) - first bus 9.22am
17. International Convention Centre - 14 Darling Dr, Sydney - first bus 9.27am
18. Chinese Gardens/ Chinatown (Harbour St, beside Chinese Gardens) - first bus 9.32am
19. Sea Life Sydney Aquarium (Wheat Rd, under foot-bridge) - first bus 9.37am
20. King St Wharf (Erskine St, cnr of Shelly St) - first bus 9.42am
21. Barangaroo (21 Hickson Rd) - first bus 9.45am
22. Sydney Harbour Bridge (21 Hickson Rd) - first bus 9.50am
23. The Rocks (11 George St, cnr Hickson Rd) - first bus 9.55am
BONDI TOUR STOPS
24. Central Railway Station (Sydney/Bondi Tour Interchange - first bus 9.30am
Pitt St, Bus Bay 18)
25. Town Hall (IStop closed until further notice)
26. Australian Museum (William St, near College St) - first bus 9.45am
27. William Street (100 William St, between Crown and Palmer streets) - first bus 9.47am
28. Paddington Town Hall (Oxford St, opposite town hall) - first bus 10.00am
29. Centennial Parklands (Oxford St, between Jersey Rd and Queen St, Paddington) - first bus 10.05am
30. Bondi Beach (Campbell Parade, near corner of Roscoe St - outside ‘Between the Flags’) - first bus 10.15am
31. North Bondi (Campbell Parade, opposite Brighton Boulevard) - first bus 10.20am
32. Rose Bay (735 New South Head Rd) - first bus 10.35am
33. Double Bay (401 New South Head Rd, next to the Commonwealth Bank) - first bus 10.45am
Sydney and Bondi Tours interchange at the following stops:
Cook & Phillip Park